Best EDC Ankle First Aid Kit
- FAST/COMFORTABLE. If your EDC is not comfortable, then it is likely you will not carry it consistently over time. Velcro clasps for fast removal, so that you can start administering help in seconds. Rugged outer shell is durable and light.
- MAXIMUM OPTIONS. Utilize all 6 pockets with a curated set of medical devices specifically chosen for most EDC medical issues, or customize it to your liking with your own set of tools.
- TONS of STORAGE. Every inch of this EDC kit is working for you. The ends open up into secret pockets which can act as a wallet, or a place for helpful EDC items like flash drives, lock pick sets, folded up tape, handcuff keys, cordage, and whatever else you may need. The vertical pockets are multi-purposed as you can carry nearly an ENTIRE IFAK and still have room in the trauma sheers pocket for a MULTI-TOOL.
- BREATHABLE & ANTI-MICROBIAL. The inner mesh liner provides an anti-microbial pad which is highly breathable to maintain comfort and keep you sweat-free. This ankle EDC medical kit passes bulk to the outside using pleated pockets so the bulk doesn’t push in on the ankle forming hot spots.
- Vertical Pocket 1: NAR Compressed Gauze and a Nasopharyngeal Airway (NPA) size 28F
- Vertical Pocket 2: NAR Elastic Wrap Bandage - 3" x 5yd
- Vertical Pocket 3: Trauma Shears and room for a multi-tool (multi-tool not included)
- Vertical Pocket 4: C-A-T Tourniquet, and Sterile Nitrile Gloves and room for a decompression needle (decompression needle not included)
- 2 Horizontal Pockets: Hyfin Compact (Vented) Chest Seal Dressing - Twin Pack
Commonly Asked Questions & Tips for our Ankle Medical Kit:
Best I have worn. I have struggled for years to find something that both carries what I need and is comfortable enough that I reliably wear it. I chose to supply my own and was able to get in even more than it comes with. Hands down would recommend, if you carry a gun, carry the means to render self or buddy aid.
I purchased one of these after an EMT I was dating at the time told me that 90% of her DOA cases involved treatable bleeding. I opted for the empty kit so that I could load it out the way I wanted - Gloves, shears, strap cutter, CATx2, Israeli bandage, chest seal, decomp needle, clotting agent, gauze, sharpie, and gloves. I've had it on my ankle for 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week, for almost three years straight now. It hides well under my jeans, both boot cut and straight cut, and is almost imperceptible now that I'm used to it (It feels wrong when it's not there). It's also incredibly well built, which combined with the previous point, forms the basis of my only gripe. It doesn't hide well around the cuff of my 8" boots, and my calf is too big to make it hide above the same boots, so I typically wear it with standard height trail shoes, specifically Salomon X-Ultras. I have found the top of my left shoe to be wearing out incredibly prematurely thanks to cyclic rubbing against the kit while walking. For anyone wondering about the social aspect of it, I work in an incredibly secure environment that requires both metal detectors and x-ray for entry and have never been questioned once by security. Going to concerts, courthouses, my state capital building, and other crowded and/or secure venues, I'll take it off to pass through the medical detector, and if questioned I simply say "it's a bleeding control kit for medical emergencies." One time, I was requested to follow up with an ADA compliance officer when the access control didn't feel comfortable making the call, but otherwise have never had an issue at any of those facilities either.
Working on my church security team I carry medical gear and have had to deploy it on several occasions. Thankfully we've never had to plug holes. However, the shears, bandages, wipes, and aspirin that I carry in the WPS ankle kit have been there just in time for the cuts, blisters, nosebleeds, and heart attacks that have occurred. I'm very pleased! It conceals great, with very little weight too! People are blown away when I've deployed it, they tell me afterwards that they'd never have suspected it was there before. Excellent item, look forward to future purchases!
I had been looking for a practical & comfortable way to EDC medical for years but could never find a decent solution. When I saw this product I jumped on it. Within a month of wearing it, it paid for itself! I’m so glad that I had this ankle kit with me when it counted. I wear it everyday & hardly notice that it’s there. Very comfortable & compact.
Most Popular EDC Medical Product