Medical 2 Course Overview
Building off of the foundation taught in Med 1, Med 2 takes a deeper dive into the "why" behind various life-saving techniques, teaching students how to provide extended care in stressful environments.
This course will cover more in depth normal anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology of traumatic injuries, as well as a glimpse at more advanced invasive maneuvers performed by trained personnel. This instruction is not to perform invasive skills, but to better understand and prepare the patient for the arrival of advanced life support providers.
Instructor: Pat Krentz
Pat Krentz joins the WPS training staff with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the medical field in both civilian and active duty environments. He has 22 years of experience as a paramedic, 19 years as a critical care flight paramedic, 7 years as a government contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan working as a Protective Security Detail (PSD) team medic and Search and Rescue (SAR) medic, and is currently a director for an aeromedical company in Idaho.
Who Can Attend?
- Anyone over the age of 18 who has already taken Medical 1.
What Do You Need?
Pen & Paper
Training IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) will be provided.
- Lots of water/snacks
Refund Policy for Classes Purchased
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
- If you would like to reschedule your training, please contact our support team at least 30 days before the class date to receive your credit for future training. If we do not hear from you before then, you will not be eligible to receive any credit.