The Arachnid Modified A Zone Target System
If you are looking for an A-Zone style target, look no further. This target started out based off our 2/3 Magnum A-DAP system and is designed for serious shooters looking for a more challenging target. These targets are even more affordable due to a more efficient CNC nesting. Just like all of our systems, these are designed to take high volume use and close range carbine use. Just like our other variants of our A-DAP system, the Modified A-Zone offers equal value and durability.
We now offer this incredible target with our new Arachnid Armored Base.
The Arachnid Base is another evolution in our quest to provide the highest quality, most refined target systems on the market. The Arachnid base is collapsible and ultra portable. The footprint of the Arachnid is larger than our industry leading 20" round base and just a bit smaller than our 26" large round base. Even though the Arachnid has a large footprint it is able to fold up into a package approximately 4" wide x 9" tall x 23" long when packed for storage or transport. The Arachnid Armored Base offers superior grip on a multitude of terrain types which means your AR550 Steel Target System will be firmly planted, no matter the terrain. The very front shield of the Arachnid is made from 1/4" AR500 steel, thus protecting the 2x4 and 1x2 paper holders from low impact shots. The front 1x2 paper holder tubes are also replaceable in the event that they are lost, stolen, or damaged somehow. If you are a mobile trainer, or simply like the ease of packing down a more compact armored base, the Arachnid is a perfect fit for your needs.
- NOW OFFERED WITH THE NEW ARACHNID ARMORED BASE!
- Standard Tool-less construction, just like our other A-DAP targets
- 1/2" AR550 plate construction, which can be unbolted and flipped to extend life of target
- 1/2" AR550 is the only material option for this target system
- Target Plate Dimensions: Approximately 8" Wide x 16" Tall
- Bolts are our standard GRADE 8 Carriage bolts
- The forward lean is approximately 10 degrees steeper than our regular A-DAP systems
- 1/2" AR550 Steel plate construction is rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 as close as 30 yards (with proper ammo), 308 at 50 yards, magnum rifle calibers at 100 yards and beyond
- Add the Hostage Assembly for a reactive twist to an already epic target system. Click here to learn more about the Hostage Assembly.
*NOTE: Distance recommendations are determined with lead core, copper jacketed ammunition with a muzzle velocity of 3,000 FPS or less. Faster ammunition may require further distances to avoid possible dimpling of the plate.
- The Arachnid: Modern, Innovative, Collapsible, Portable, Armored Steel Target Base System. Welcome to the Future.
- Tool-Less design means super simple setup, yet ultra stable.
- Front Shield is manufactured from high quality 1/4" AR500 steel. This protects against occasional low misses/impacts.
- Center legs, Rear shield, and wood board holders are all mild steel and are not armored. They are protected by the front shield. The perfect balance of cost and craftsmanship.
- When Packaged: Base is approximately 4"w x 9" tall x 23" long.
- The Arachnid Armored Base is designed for use with any of our AR550 A-DAP systems
- Includes hardware and all necessary instructions for assembly
- Front shield has steep forward lean to deflect low misses directly into the ground
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The base is NOT intended to be a target! Although the front shield is made from 1/4" AR500, it is NOT designed to be purposely shot with handguns or rifles. It is designed to protect your base from occasional low hits. You MAY damage your base if you shoot it purposely and use it as if it is a target.
- Approximate weight of this base packaged is 51 pounds
- Note: This system MAY ship in multiple packages/sizes depending on your order contents and quantity.
- Base not intended to withstand intentional bullet impacts
- Do NOT shoot base with ANY steel core or penetrator ammunition.
So what kind of lifespan can you expect from this target? We anticipate that, when used properly, our targets can withstand 25,000 rounds to 50,000 rounds of use. That is honestly a conservative number as we have departments with over 150,000 confirmed rounds on our 1/2" AR550 A-DAP targets. The key here is PROPERLY. Using ammunition that goes against our recommendations or shooting projectiles and calibers closer than recommended will shorten the lifespan. You will put wear and tear on the plate throughout its life. We recommend rotating the plate as soon as you see warping or any pitting. Doing this proactively will further increase the lifespan. If you have questions contact us at email@example.com
AS WITH ALL PRODUCTS, PROPER CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN USING KNIVES, FIREARMS, AND RELATED PRODUCTS. BY PURCHASING, YOU AGREE THAT WARRIOR POET SOCIETY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL MISHAPS RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRIOR POET SOCIETY PRODUCT AND THE USE OF ANY PRODUCTS ON OR OFF THE RANGE.