Magnum A-DAP - 1/2" AR550
The steel target industry is full of posers. There, we said it. There are companies who will gladly take your money, but the product they offer is at best inferior and at worst downright scary. We have heard countless stories of "the other guys" not holding up their end of the deal. Enough of that. We're proud to be a company who creates top tier target systems for shooters who believe they deserve a better target system. We stock plenty of these systems and most will ship same or next day. We don't take your money and make you wait weeks for any communication only to fail to deliver on our end of the deal. If there is ever a delay we will contact you personally and immediately.
With that being said, welcome to our most popular target system to date: The 2/3 Magnum A-DAP system!
This target is designed with serious shooters in mind who wish to have a C Zone Sized target plate that is also rated for closer than 100 yard distances with carbines. We spent months tweaking the mounting location and attachments/design as well as the plate dimensions to create a target system that will last tens of thousands of rounds. The report from the target when struck is very clear and audible, and this target features a steeper lean angle than our typical A-DAP system. The steeper lean helps deflect bullet energy to offer and exceptionally long life span. The 1/2" AR550 construction is much more durable and resistant to chipping and pitting than the industry standard AR500 steel, even when used under 100 yards with calibers such as .223/5.56 NATO. The base and top bracket attachments are identical to our regular A-DAP system, so shooters can rest assured that they have the most rugged and stable platform available. All of this combined creates a target that is destined to be on everyone's range. The time for settling for less is over, the time for better targets is NOW.
- Extremely durable and stable 20" round base
- Standard Tool-less construction, just like our other A-DAP targets
- 1/2" AR550 plate construction, which can be unbolted and flipped to extend life of target
- Target Plate Dimensions: Approximately 12" Wide x 24" Tall
- Bolts are our standard GRADE 8 Carriage bolts
- The target plate features a forward lean and moves when struck to deflect energy and fragmentation towards the ground.
- 1/2" AR550 version is rated for pistols at 10 yards, .223 as close as 30 yards (with proper ammo), 308 at 50 yards, magnum rifle calibers at 100 yards and beyond
- Please watch our video on this page where we discuss choosing the proper ammunition for your steel target prior to shooting your steel target.
*NOTE: Distance recommendations are determined with lead core, copper jacketed ammunition with a muzzle velocity of 3,000 FPS or less. Faster ammunition may require further distances to avoid possible dimpling of the plate.
- Approximate weight of complete system in 1/2" AR550 is 65 pounds.
- Ships in a 24" x 24" x 6" box
- Base not intended to withstand bullet impacts
- Not intended for steel core or penetrator ammunition
Note: This product may require additional shipping charges for countries and regions outside of the United States. Please email email@example.com for international order inquiries.
So what kind of lifespan can you expect from this target? We anticipate that, when used properly, our targets can withstand 25,000 rounds to 50,000 rounds of use. That is honestly a conservative number as we have departments with over 150,000 confirmed rounds on our 1/2" AR550 A-DAP targets. The key here is PROPERLY. Using ammunition that goes against our recommendations or shooting projectiles and calibers closer than recommended will shorten the lifespan. You will put wear and tear on the plate throughout its life. We recommend rotating the plate as soon as you see warping or any pitting. Doing this proactively will further increase the lifespan. If you have questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
AS WITH ALL PRODUCTS, PROPER CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN USING KNIVES, FIREARMS, AND RELATED PRODUCTS. BY PURCHASING, YOU AGREE THAT WARRIOR POET SOCIETY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL MISHAPS RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRIOR POET SOCIETY PRODUCT AND THE USE OF ANY PRODUCTS ON OR OFF THE RANGE.