Training night 1 will begin at 3 PM Friday Oct 22 and end at 0100 AM Sat Oct 23rd. Training night 2 will begin at 3 PM Sat night and end 0100 AM Sunday morning. Please plan accordingly.
Tall Grass Shooting Sports, 4122 Living Water Rd, Olsburg, KS 66520
Night Fighter is an open enrollment class designed for Law Enforcement, law-abiding civilians, and individual military members. It provides instruction to armed professionals who are looking to become more proficient in no-light/low-light operations. This class focuses on increasing the students’ night vision skillsets during real world operations through lecture and range evolutions. Students will participate in a variety of evolutions to include (but not limited to): individual movement, weapons manipulation, use of cover/concealment under NODs and Live Fire drills.
- Completed a vetted basic level carbine course (at least equivalent to Rifle 1 & 2 from WPS)
- You must be able to walk with weight for extended periods of time and have no serious medical issues.
- Be a U.S citizen aged 18 and up that is legally allowed to own/purchase/possess a firearm. Minors are not permitted.
- Safety Brief
- Gear Discussion
- Zeroing Lasers
- Square Range Shooting Drills
- Reloads and Transitions in no light conditions
- Moving and Shooting
- Equipment Failure Drills
- Shooting through the Tube
- Barricade Shooting
- IFF Signaling
- Physiology of Night Vision
- Thermal Imagers
- Selecting peripheral equipment
- Individual Movement/Obstacle
- White Light Integration
- Use of Optic Equipped Handguns
Clothes and equipment should be dark colors or camouflage patterns as much as possible.
- Quality, serviceable Carbine with sling and 600-800 rounds of quality ammunition.
- Weapon light, IR weapon laser, IR illuminator.
- Quality, serviceable pistol with holster, weapon light and night sights (red dot is optimal) and 300 rounds of quality training ammunition for each training day
- At least 5 quality magazines for your rifle and at least 3 Magazines for your pistol
- Helmet (Ballistic or Non) with shroud, night vision goggles or monocular with mount
- Body armor or plate carrier. (optional)
- Eye protection, clear wrap around
- Hand held tactical light
- Ear protection
- Spare Batteries for lights and optics
- Individual first aid kit, with tourniquet
- Your active shooter bag or vest (as needed)
- Duty/call out gear
- Knee/elbow pads (optional)
- Sun block/insect repellent as needed
- Raingear as needed
- Cleaning kit with lube
Notes on gear: You will not be expected to train the entire time in body armor if you do not wish or if weather and heat make it a hazard. Please have the ability to carry on your body 2 spare magazines for your rifle and 2 for your pistol. If you have a patrol rifle bag or active shooter bag or kit, please bring it and be prepared to train with it.
Rental Gear: Rental gear is available in limited quantity, cost $225. Students will be furnished with Dual Tube Sentinel or AB MOD 3 binocular Night Vision Goggles along with TW Exfil Bump Helmets, Wilcox/Norotos Mounts and B.E. Meyers MAWL-DA IR Lasers. You will be prompted at checkout if the rental equipment is available.
Don Edwards is a 20+ year veteran of US Army Special Operations. He began his career in the 3rd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment where he was a participant in Operation Just Cause in Panama. Retired from 20th Special Forces Group where he served as Team Sergeant during combat operations in Iraq and Intel Sergeant while deployed in Afghanistan. He served for five years as the Use of Force training manager and primary instructor at the ATF National Academy in Glynco, GA instructing in tactics and firearms as well. Mr. Edwards has worked as tactical advisor in the field to the Department of Defense since 2008 serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan and is a FLETC certified firearms instructor and is the former Director of Training and LE sales for Tactical Night Vision Company.
Sam Houston is a 10 year Veteran of the US Navy where he flew onboard P-3C Orion Surveillance Aircraft as a Flight Tech and Sensor Operator supporting combat operations in multiple theatres. Transitioning to the Civilian Sector he became a qualified UAV Operator and Maintainer on RQ-27 autonomous systems logging over 2000 hours supporting conventional and Special Operations Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan both on the battlefield and remotely, as well as a Thermal and Electronic surveillance sensor operator on RC-12 Aircraft supporting US interests in the AFRICOM AOR. Sam owned and operated a Night Vision hog hunting outfitting guide service taking clients into the Florida swamps and forests to search, locate and harvest feral pigs with the aid of NV and Thermal optics. In 2015 he was hired by TNVC and ran the NV Goggle build and repair programs, he is currently in the Air Natl Guard, and continues at TNVC part-time as a technical advisor as a Night Vision Subject Matter Expert.
John Lovell, Warrior Poet
Refund Policy for Classes Purchased After Oct 5, 2018
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel 29-15 days before the class date, you will receive a 15% refund
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
For all training related questions please contact email@example.com