This is one of Warrior Poet Society’s most under-valued courses, as many think it’s only something for SWAT teams and military members. The reality is that every patrol officer answering a call, every civilian investigating a ‘bump in the night’, and really, every person who comes in harms way in or around any structure is engaging in room clearing. This is high-stakes chess and the unforgiving game of angles. Here, pistol / rifle skills graduate into something far more important: tactics. All military, law enforcement, and civilians are welcome to attend this 2 day course, pending legal possession of a firearm and US citizenship. Students will learn timeless tactical principles and combat-proven, deliberate clearing techniques, which will enable them to spot the threats much earlier and avoid getting ambushed.
This class is a mix between classroom time, drills, force-on-target, and force-on-force exercises. The course will review different types of clearing methods and display the various tactics that make them successful. For single-man clearing outside of an active shooter scenario, we will major on more deliberate clearing methods. This course does not have any live fire. You may run the course with your AR-15 / m4 carbine and one of our conversion kits, and/or a Glock 17 pistol (we will provide). Face masks will also be provided, as well as ammunition. You will need to bring other protective gear such as thicker clothing, neck protection, gloves, baseball cap, etc.
Who Can Attend?
- All U.S citizens legally allowed to possess a firearm and who have completed an introductory firearm safety course
- You must have an intermediate/advanced level of training in pistol and/or rifle and be able to provide proof of training. You will be tied to whatever weapon system in which you have adequate training. If you are trained in both, you will be able to switch intermittently if you so choose.
What Do You Need?
- A quality semi-automatic AR / M4 / AK platform (Glock 17 force-on-force guns provided)
- If you have a holster for Glock, bring it
- 3 magazines with at least 1 magazine holster
- Wrap around eye protection
- Clothing suitable for inclement weather
- Sock hat
- Groin protection
- No ammunition required, as $100 worth of training ammunition per student will be provided
Refund Policy for Classes Purchased After Oct 5, 2018
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel 29-15 days before the class date, you will receive a 15% refund
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
For all training related questions please contact email@example.com