EDC Combatives/Special Operations Combatives Program (SOCP)
This 2 day course introduces the fundamentals of SOCP (Special Operations Combatives Program), as well as techniques from other combat-focused disciplines designed to meet the threats of day to day civilian life. Topics covered will include basic self defense techniques, pistol takeaways, knife takeaways, EDC setups, situational awareness, mindset, and hand to hand combat introduction. While these skills and techniques are employed by Special Forces Operators, they are life-or-death practices that are integral to self defense for any civilian.
- Clothing practical for EDC (pants/shorts capable of supporting a holster)
- Long sleeves, pants, gloves, and some form of neck protection (scarf, shemagh, etc.) for force on force, UTM on day 2.
- Bring lunch and water for both days
- Mouth piece and cup are optional
- Encouraged to bring the holster you EDC with to stress test it in realistic/"train like you fight" conditions. (Glock 17/22/19/23 compatible). Holsters will be provided other wise.
- Trim finger nails and toe nails to prevent scratching/cutting partner
- Shoes: shoes on mats will be limited to low tread shoes (ie: boxing, wrestling, Chuck Taylor’s) *the wearing of shoes is a case by case basis depending on venues wishes*
Refund Policy for Classes
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel 29-15 days before the class date, you will receive a 15% refund
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
Super Practical, and enjoyable course. If you have ever wondered how you would react in a true self defense situation, this is the class for you. This course both gives you the skills you need to survive, and it allows you to put those skills to work during the simulations portion. Josh and Tim were both great, and their instruction was truly some of the best I have ever received. I would recommend this course to anyone who concealed carries a firearm, and who has been trained in the operation of that firearm. This course allows you to take your firearm skills, and apply them in real life situations. Highly Recommend!
This course is intense, it is THE BEST hand to hand, get to your weapon, fight through it course I’ve ever seen as a civilian. I have taken this course twice and it was absolutely worth it both times. Josh is an awesome instructor and an all around good dude. The content is top-notch. If you need something to fill that space of hand to hand and then transitioning to lethal. You need to take this course. I can’t recommend it highly enough. A lot of people can shoot but this course forces you to make high stress, high adrenaline decisions and then get solid feedback afterwards. If you don’t practice making hard decisions understand stress you won’t do well in the fight. Take the course it’s a must-have as a protector of others especially if you want to go home to them at the end of the day.
I also attended the Intro to SOCP course, and found something I really wanted: training to close the gap between traditional firearm training and unarmed martial arts. Questions this course answers: 1. How do you fight in that too-close distance to draw and shoot? 2. What are your options when your shooting hand is unavailable? 3. What can I do with my body to be able to use my firearm within arm's reach? 4. How fast do I really need to draw if someone is charging at me? and can I? 5. Can I trust my own judgment in a stressful situation with actual attackers? I highly recommend this course! Keep in mind that it IS an intro, and is not the complete course, but you WILL walk away with a significant set of useful tools
With a martial arts back ground for many years, and many classes in firearms as well, this class was an amazing way to combine both. The techniques were both simple and very effective, and the instructor was very knowledgeable, and willing to answer any question you have. You learn how to be more confidant in how to maneuver in "bad breath" distance, and how you can fight in that space. It was also good test of reliability of gear, and introduction to new equipment as well. Would recommend this class to anyone who is serious in learning to defend themselves from a very close range.