Warrior Poet Society Rifle 1 Training Course Overview
This 1 day course lays the foundation that all future rifle training will rest on. Safety, range etiquette, weapon operation, accessories, fundamentals of fire, shooting/ready positions, rapid target acquisition, target transitions, clearing of stoppages, rapid fire, and warrior mindset are the main subjects tackled in this essential course. Though this course is built for beginners, the subject matter and technique is designed to allow students to build realistic skills that can survive the test of stress and small time constraints.
Instructors: Paul Perkerson / John Lovell
Who Can Attend?
- All U.S citizens ages 18 and up that are legally allowed to own/purchase/possess a firearm. Minors are not permitted.
What do You Need?
- A quality semi-automatic AR / M4 / AK platform
- 5 magazines with at least 1 magazine holster
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Ear and Eye protection
- Field Notes (You'll want to write things down)
- Rifle Sling
- Clothing suitable for weather
- Sunscreen / bug spray
- Water / snacks
- JOHN'S EDC
- JOHN'S WAR BELT
- MRS POET'S EDC
- Combat Knee Pads
Refund Policy for Classes
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
- If you would like to reschedule your training, please contact our support team at least 30 days before the class date to receive your credit for future training. If we do not hear from you before then, you will not be eligible to receive any credit.
You may shoot reloaded ammo (at your own risk) or steel case. You MAY NOT shoot any steel penetrating core, i.e. NATO green tip. We recommend Fiocchi ammo if you are looking for reliable ammo at good price.
For all training related questions please contact email@example.com
Josh and Paul teaching side by side is reminiscent of Schwarzenegger and DeVito in the beloved 1988 buddy film Twins. Jokes aside, both of these instructors have a contagious passion for their subject matter. In this foundational skills course, they break down various training evolutions into accessible nuggets that can be picked up by shooters of any skill level. After this course, you will simultaneously have your confidence boosted at the ease with which you can rapid fire and transition from multiple targets, and humbled at the training journey which lies ahead.
I didn’t know what to expect going into this class, but the knowledge I left with compares to no other training I’ve had. As I reflect on how much I learned in one day, I am truly in awe. I took this class with John and Josh, and the instructors gave all students’ individualized attention and really took time to ensure we understood what was being taught. They both made all concepts/lessons easy for everyone to understand, so anyone at any level would do great in this course. I highly recommend this course and can’t wait to take Rifle 2.
Paul taught my class. He was easy to understand, helpful, and attentive. He embodies the WPS ethos. Anyone with no experience, or even basic experience will gain much from this course. Highly recommend.