This 1 day course is all about moving, shooting, and thinking under stress. Students should be expected to have already gained unconscious competency in their fundamentals of fire and basic skill sets. Topics covered include (but are not limited to): fighting from concealment, one-handed operation, movement, use of cover, integrating hand-to-hand combat, and integrating tactics in order to ‘fight smarter’.
This course includes force-on-force scenarios. Protective masks, protective gloves, guns, and training ammo for the force-on-force portion will be provided. See ‘What you Need’ below to ensure you have adequate safety gear.
Who Can Attend?
- All U.S citizens ages 18 and up that are legally allowed to own/purchase/possess a firearm. Minors are not permitted.
- Those who have completed 'Pistol 1 & 2' with Warrior Poet Society*
What do You Need?
- A quality semi-automatic pistol
- A kydex-type holster affording trigger guard coverage.
- Optional: a concealed holster affording adequate trigger guard coverage and retention.
- 5 magazines with at least 1 magazine holster
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Weapons maintenance kit
- Ear and Eye protection
- Clothing suitable for inclement weather
- Thicker clothing that covers as much exposed skin as you choose to cover. The training rounds may break the skin at close distance. You are not required to cover all exposed skin–just the important stuff.
- Sunscreen/ bugspray
- Lots of water/ snacks
- Neck protection: shemagh
- Combat Knee Pads
- JOHN'S EDC
- JOHN'S WAR BELT
- MRS POET'S EDC
- Field Notes (You'll want to write things down)
Refund Policy for Classes Purchased
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
- If you would like to reschedule your training, please contact our support team at least 30 days before the class date to receive your credit for future training. If we do not hear from you before then, you will not be eligible to receive any credit.
You may shoot reloaded ammo (at your own risk) or steel case. You MAY NOT shoot any steel penetrating core, i.e. NATO green tip. We recommend Fiocchi ammo if you are looking for reliable ammo at good price.
For all training related questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Students seeking to take a Pistol 3 course with Warrior Poet Society MUST have already completed our own Pistol 1 & 2 course, instructed by either John Lovell or Paul Perkerson.
Took Pistol 3 with John, and it has done wonders for my self defense skills. I had previously watched the course on the network, but it was no substitute to actually being on the range with the War Poet himself. He had an incredible wealth of knowledge and made sure each student was understanding the concepts. It has a smaller class size than most WPS classes, so it was awesome to get more of an opportunity for individual instruction. I highly recommend this course for anybody who wants to truly become one with their pistol.