**** 2 Week Lead time on RANGER GREEN Color*********
HRT RAC Plate Carrier For Sale - Best Tactical Plate Carrier Setup
Note: This product has a 2-4 week lead time.
This Product does not include ballistic plates. Find plates for this carrier here.
The HRT RAC Tactical Plate Carrier stands out as a remarkably versatile and modular piece of gear, designed to navigate obstacles seamlessly. Crafted from 500 Denier Cordura treated with DuPont Teflon, this carrier ensures durability and reliability in the field. Its user-friendly base model allows for easy donning and doffing, providing a secure hold for life-saving plates. The integrated Duraflex Buckle attachment system on the chest, featured on HRT Placards, enables swift attachment and detachment of additional equipment, adapting to dynamic operational needs. The proprietary dual back panel design, with dual zipper sections, offers a myriad of configuration options tailored to specific tasks. The quick detach buckle, configurable for right or left side operation, adds a layer of convenience or can be entirely removed. For expanded functionality, optional cummerbunds provide additional real estate for pouches, side-plate pockets, or any essential mission-specific gear.
For a full plate carrier loadout including the RAC Plate Carrier, front and back body armor panels, and plate carrier attachments - check out our Body Armor Loadout and save big on the full setup.
HRT RAC Plate Carrier Review
- Backed by a LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Proprietary Dual back panel zippers for user configuration
- Quick Release shoulder buckle can be configured right, left or none
- 500 Denier Cordura placard Double Stitched outer carrier
- Ultra light-weight yet comfortable base system for every day deployment
- Dual YKK zipper sections to add mission specific panels
- Secure, easily adjustable shoulder and waist straps allow for comfort fitting.
- Air flow channel keeps wearer cool. Optional Velcro pontoons or spacers can further extend comfort to long period of use.
- Carrier fits plates sized 10”x12”
HRT Tactical RAC Plate Carrier FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the lead time for your plate carriers? 2-4 Weeks
- Which plates that you carry fit the RAC Plate Carrier? All of the plates that we offer are compatible with the RAC Plate Carrier.
- How adjustable is it? The RAC Plate Carrier is highly adjustable, with adaptable shoulder and waist straps.
- How do I mount my Esstac KYWI magazine pouches to the front of my HRT RAC Plate Carrier? You can attach your mag pouches to the MOLLE webbing on the plate carrier using Malice Clips, which are available here.
- What are some accessories to add to the RAC plate carrier? We carry a wide range of tactical accessories and attachments that are specifically designed to interface with your RAC Plate Carrier. Popular attachments include the Maximus Placard, which allows you to carry spare magzines and other gear, as well as the Dual Removable GP Pouches and the Multi Hanger Pouch for tourniquets, comms, and more.
- Can I bundle body armor panels, a plate carrier, and attachments to save money? Yes - we have a prebuilt loadout available that's based on John Lovell's personal kit. If you're looking for a full loadout, this bundle is the best way to save some serious cash while getting a no-frills body armor setup that is ready for any mission. You can find it here.
- What is the difference between RAC and HRAC? The main difference between the RAC and the HRAC carriers is that the RAC features a few additional layers of customization and functionality, while the HRAC is a more basic option with slightly less accomodations. The main differentiator is the quick-relaese shoulder buckle that is featured on the RAC carrier, which can be configured on the left or right shoulder. This buckle allows the operator to more easily put on and remove the carrier.
- Can this plate carrier setup come as a multicam black plate carrier? No, the HRT RAC Plate Carrier is not available in black mutlicam, but it is availble in multicam, coyote brown, black, and ranger green.
- How to assemble the HRT RAC Plate Carrier: The HRT RAC Plate Carrier does not require much assembly out of the box - it depends entirely on how you wish to customize your plate carrier with attachments, magazines, and other mission-specific gear. Thanks to the MOLLE webbing and Velcro, there is a wide range of attachment points so you can keep what you need most right where you want it.
HRT Plate Carrier and Body Armor Review
Plate Carrier + Armor Highlights
The HRT RAC Plate Carrier is a solid body armor option. It is comfortable, breathable, comes with the right accessories, and costs less than some of my other favorite brands. Furthermore, the polyethylene armor plates we've found to go with the carrier are best in class.
There are a few things I'm looking for in a plate carrier and in armor plates, and unhappily these things are usually accompanied by a large price tag. I'm happy to report that this setup costs less than competitors while still keeping the goodies I insist upon.
Let's go through my load out and I'll hit the high points of why the HRT RAC Plate Carrier is a good pick for door-kicking fun.
Plate Carrier & Body Armor HIGHLIGHTS
(1) Shoulder Straps. The shoulder straps lay flat with minimal bulk. This is CRITICAL in a plate carrier so that you can shoulder your rifle, and so many plate carriers miss the mark with awkward buckles and unnecessary bulk. As a bonus, the HRT system has loops to run comms or a camel back.
(2) Replaceable Placards. With 2 clicks you can completely change your load out. Right now I have the 2 rifle mag / 2 pistol mag setup going on but I also got the shotgun placard in case I want to murder IPSC targets with extreme prejudice. For more storage space, the Maximus Placard has got everything you need.
(3) Armor Plates. It was really nice to be able to get plates, placards, a plate carrier, and accessories all in one place and built to go together. These plates by ShotStop are Level III+ SAPI 10x12 inch curved UHMWPE (Polyethylene) which weigh 3.2 lbs a piece. Additionally, these carry a 15 YEAR WARRANTY! The other polyethylene plates I've shopped only carried 5 year warranties. My favorite plates are the Duritium III+ PA plates because the multi-curve fits noticeably better, it weighs in at 2.7lbs and is just .7" thick.
(4) Back Panels. I demand room for operational goodies. This armor carrier is setup for all kinds of zip off panels that also work with tear off velcro options. Though I change my setup periodically, the option that I usually have on is the helmet cinch sack.
(5) Comfortable & Breathable. The inside of the plate carrier has built up channels that allow a lot of airflow in. A carrier with a ton of excess material seems cool until you are pouring sweat and have been wearing your kit for 9 hours. This plate carrier is comfortable and breathes better than the other carriers I have.
I pretty much can assume at this point anything WPS recommends is worth it. I've used A LOT of carriers over the years, this is now one of my primary ones. You can tell A LOT of thought went into these, from additional reinforcement on areas that rub to the added no cost pontoons. They are worth the wait when you order. I picked up their quick release cummerbund and medium zip on pack as well. The material in these and felt construction feel more robust to me than others at higher price ranges. 100% recommended!
I have done about as much research as you can on these Plate Carriers and always came back to this one and finally did it. Great fit, light weight, waiting for Plates to get here. Did order the cumber bun after wearing this for a while. Should snug up the fit on the bottom straps.
My first time with any type of armor and I love my carrier. My only complaint is the nylon strap cumberbund it comes with( the only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stare). Upgrade it if you can afford it
Popular Body Armor, Plate Carriers & Ballistic Plates Products