WPS Fox Folder Knife For Sale - Black Folder Knife
Introducing the WPS Fox Folder - reliably rugged, disastrously deadly, and the very first folding blade we've ever offered.
Many folding knives significantly compromise the strength and durability of the blade by design. That's why we engineered the WPS Fox Folder with premium materials, excellent manufacturing, and rigorous testing - you'll know it the second you pick it up. And yes, Batman keeps one on his utility belt.
This knife was carefully created to not only be a devastating fighting tool, but a versatile utility blade.
Hand-crafted in small-batches in Italy to ensure that every blade greatly exceeds standards.
Limited numbers/quantities. Replacement pocket clips available here.
- Blade Steel: High Carbon Stainless Steel N690Co
- Liners: Stainless Steel 420 J2 thickness 1.5 mm HRC 48-50
- Hardness: HRC 59-61
- Rivets: Stainless steel
- Clip Location: Ambidextrous
- Handle: G10
- Blade Coating: TopShield high performance ceramic-PTFE
- Blade Length: 3.25”
- Open Length: 6.375”
- Closed Length: 4.5”
- Blade Thickness: 0.118”
- Action: One-handed opening
WPS Fox Folder Review
If you're looking for the perfect folding blade, there's nothing like the Italian handcrafted, American hand-tested, WPS Fox Folder.
Created in small batches by Fox Italy, Italy's oldest knifemaker and one of our favorite bladesmith partners, the WPS Fox Folder is a high-performance tactical tool that can also rest easy in the pocket for convenient carry and (relatively) quick deployment.
With a G10 handle and N690Co ceramic-coated High Carbon Stainless Steel blade, the Fox Folder provides optimal strength and edge for a variety of jobs.
Unique Ergonomics for Unique Handling
Just as its name implies, it's stealthy like a fox but can pack a mean punch--literally. It's good for opening boxes and bad guys.
We intentionally chose the angle of this cutting tool to make it sit secure in the hand for jobs that require slicing or punching without the risk of slipping.
The G10 grip, the finger ring, and the blade-to-handle orientation make this a powerful weapon for blade boxing in close quarters.
Blade Length Makes it Perfect for Legal Pocket Carry
There are some situations (and some state laws--like California) that require a shorter blade and a folding pocket knife to be legal. The Fox Folder provides the perfect combination of the two.
Alan Baker, a martial arts expert at the Atlanta Martial Arts Center (dozens of black belts and counting), approves of the Fox Folder as an EDC defensive implement.
"This shorter blade is perfect for a pummeling environment," Alan said. "Shorter blades like this work better in a close contact situation--inside a car, trapped between the car and gas pump, or pinned against a car.
"In a grappling environment I can use this to manipulate and move limbs out of the way."
Pros and Cons of the WPS Fox Folder Knife
To sum it up, here are the benefits and trade offs of this exceptional pocket-carry EDC blade:
- Convenient Carry - It can be carried in the pocket for everyday use and for defensive situations.
- Extremely powerful punching tool - If violent defensive action ever became necessary, this would deliver a lot of force without hand slip.
- Legal and Stealthy - The compact construction of this knife makes it legal in places where fixed blades or longer blades might not be.
- Exceptional materials and a design for quick blade deployment - Though the Fox Folder is a folding knife, its mechanics and design make it faster than your average pocket carry.
- Shorter blades have some drawbacks - The 3.25-inch blade won't provide as much reach as longer versions.
- Folders don't deploy as quickly - Fixed blades will always win the game of speed.
Conclusions about the WPS Fox Folder knife
Obviously we wouldn't have put the Warrior Poet Society stamp on a blade we wouldn't proudly carry ourselves.
So if you're looking for a good all around EDC defensive and utility tool, we recommend the WPS Fox Folder--for any day.
WPS Fox Folder Knife FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take for me to receive my knife? 2-4 weeks
- My Fox Folder feels a little stiff, what’s up? The folder will loosen up after use. Practice opening and closing it and you will feel it get easier.
- How do I close the Fox Folder? First, make sure the blade lock button is off, then push the release button and push the knife in until it starts to move, then release the button and push the knife all the way in until you hear a click.
- How many ways can I carry the Fox Folder Knife? The Fox Folder knife features a replaceable and reversible pocket clip that allows it to be attached or mounted in a multitude of ways. It can be securely carried in the right or left pocket, can interface with MOLLE webbing, can be attached to a bag or kit, etc.
- Is the WPS Fox Folder knife the same as a friction folder knife? - Similarities: Both friction folder knives and the Fox Folder knife feature blades with protruding sections that act as deployment levers for the blade itself. - Differences: While friction folders do not have a traditional locking mechanism (instead relying on friction to keep the blade in place), the Fox Folder features an extremely secure liner lock mechanism that holds up to excessive force and provides a more reliable lock on the deployed blade.
Please allow a minimum of 2-4 weeks from the purchase date for order processing, creation, and fulfillment. Orders with multiple items may be sent in separate shipments depending on availability. Thank you for supporting small business.
AS WITH ALL PRODUCTS, PROPER CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN USING KNIVES AND RELATED PRODUCTS. BY PURCHASING, YOU AGREE THAT WARRIOR POET SOCIETY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL MISHAPS RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRIOR POET SOCIETY PRODUCT AND THE USE OF ANY PRODUCTS ON OR OFF THE RANGE.
LIMITED WARRANTY The limited warranty covers any defect in material or workmanship which results in breakage during normal use for 1 year warranty period. DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES By purchasing any item produced by Warrior Poet Society, the buyer assumes responsibility to ascertain and follow all applicable federal, state, local and international laws in having, owning, carrying, shipping, transporting, and use of any Warrior Poet Society products. The buyer expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Warrior Poet Society, for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, ownership, transportation or use of the item in violation of applicable federal, state and local laws or regulations. You must be 18 years of age to purchase Warrior Poet Society knives. You may have other rights, which vary in different jurisdictions. WARRIOR POET SOCIETY PRODUCTS GROUP LLC, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE SALE, HANDLING OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS.
(Our knives do not ship outside the United States, we apologize for an inconvenience)
This thing is awesome, feels great in the hand and the quality is overall superior. Comes sharp with almost a polished edge and the black coating seems like it will hold up very well. Very good knife for under 200
Great little EDC knife for personal defense. Ergonomically it's almost perfect. Nothing is ever perfect, but so far well worth the money.
I would like to see a IWB HOLSTER for the WPS FOX FOLDER with the blade deployed.
Have you guys thought of making a sheath for it so that people could have the option of carrying it with the blade deployed similar to a fixed blade design? Just an idea if you haven't already thought of that.
I love this knife, it's become part of me. Easily concealable, light weight, quality and strength. Part of my EDC load out. It's like having John in your pocket, Yah 4 That.
You can feel the quality from the second you unfold this knife. It truly inspires confidence having it in my pocket.
I just received my Fox blade this damn thing is my new EDC and I dare any fool to approach me with bad intent. The quality feel and sharpness are outstanding. I highly recommend this as an EDC blade.
This knife is a defensive knife made for shooters. Actually, the design is extremely similar to a knife (from another brand) that I purchased in the past but is no longer available. The concept is simple. Carry in your pocket with the clip, like any other defensive folder. Once you draw the knife, you can quickly deploy the blade with the large O ring. You then hold the knife in your closed fist with your "trigger finger" inserted into the O ring. By simply repeatedly punching into your attacker (who you first have determined is a deadly threat), you will quickly encourage him/her/it to stop their attack. No special knife fighting skills required. If you can throw a punch you can use this knife as an effective defensive tool. This knife is well made and built to last. Be aware that to close the knife, you have to first push the button release. This button can sometimes seem to "stick" and not allow you to close the knife. With practice, you will figure it out. For me, this is the first defensive knife design I feel I could effectively deploy and successfully defend myself with. I am very happy that WPS decided to make this knife design available (again). I recommend it highly.
The G10 handle has the most grippy texture I have found on a knife. The orientation of the deep carry pocket clip allows the finger loop to be concealed and gives the appearance of any other pocket knife. Side button is not a spring open button but is a blade release button for closure. Blade lock slider only functions to prevent closure rather than prevent opening but a firm amount of pressure has to be applied to the blade before it will open so pocket openings aren't likely. The only drawback is the handle is so grippy it does not easily release the fabric between the clip and the handle when pocket carrying. The finger loop may limit the amount of space or clearance of other items you normally keep in that pocket. Construction is A+++ solid quality, beautiful craftsmanship, and I highly recommend!