This 1 day course is designed to help set students up for success as new red dot pistol shooters, as well as shooters interested in learning how to get the maximum performance out of their pistol-mounted red dot sight. Students are expected to arrive with an established foundation in the fundamentals of marksmanship and safe firearm manipulation skills and handling practices. Topics covered include (but are not limited to): cold performance standards, fundamental marksmanship refresher, introduction to red dot sights, selecting the right red dot sight for you, mounting and zeroing a red dot sight, acquiring the dot and developing repeatable processes, tracking the dot, building speed through efficiency, shot calling and self-diagnosing. Prior training is required to be eligible to attend this course.
Who Can Attend?
- All U.S citizens ages 18 and up that are legally allowed to own/purchase/possess a firearm. Minors are not permitted.
- Those who have completed Pistol 1 with Warrior Poet Society
What do You Need?
- A quality semi-automatic pistol
- A quality red dot sight mounted with an approximate zero
- A quality kydex holster with trigger full guard coverage & good retention (OWB or IWB)
- A quality belt (EDC or Duty)
- 5 magazines (minimum)
- 1 pistol magazine pouch/holder/holster or NeoMag (minimum)
- 500 rounds of range ammunition specific to your pistol (minimum)
- Basic firearms maintenance & cleaning kit
- Eye & ear protection
- Range appropriate clothing & footwear
- Permanent marker
- Sunscreen / bug spray
- Lots of water / snacks
- Extra batteries for optics & hearing protection
- JOHN'S EDC
- JOHN'S WAR BELT
- MRS POET'S EDC
- Field Notes (You'll want to write things down)
- Holsters with trigger finger deactivated retention devices (Serpa or other)
- Leather & other flexible material holsters
Refund Policy for Classes Purchased
- If you cancel 60 or more days before the class date, you will receive a 50% refund
- If you cancel 59-30 days before the class date, you will receive a 25% refund
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the class date, you will receive no refund
- If you would like to reschedule your training, please contact our support team at least 30 days before the class date to receive your credit for future training. If we do not hear from you before then, you will not be eligible to receive any credit.
You may shoot reloaded ammo (at your own risk) or steel case. (Except at Dalton, GA courses, which are BRASS ONLY). You MAY NOT shoot any steel penetrating core, i.e. NATO green tip. We recommend Fiocchi ammo if you are looking for reliable ammo at a good price.
For all training related questions please contact training@